Maybelline baby skin primer!

01 February 2014

It has been requested many times for me to do a review on one of Maybelline's newest release, yes as you can see from the picture, hopefully excited, it's the (mouthful to say) Maybelline baby skin instant pore eraser primer (some say its a dupe for the Benefit Porefessional) which is rather expensive compared to this little baby.. So do you go and spend your money or save it for something better? 

 
 
If you read my blogs you will know I love the rimmel fix and perfect primer as it just feels like a cream.. It's really moisturising on my dry skin and I like wearing my makeup on top.. And I thought of buying no other drugstore/ highstreet primer but when I stumbled across this in boots, just the advert by the way, my heart leapt, for some time I have debating whether to get the benefit porefessional so you can imagine when i saw this.. The sales person said it will come in store the next day so as you do I had to go in and grab it! There was only 2 left so i relieved :)


It's a silicon based primer and the product itself is clear. It feels velvety on the skin and when I put it on my face, my pores do appear to be minimized, well of course no products can make your pores disappear, so ignore the pore eraser bit, should be pore minimiser... You can mistaken the velvety feel for oiliness but be assured as once your foundation is on, it feels normal! The packaging is really cute and only cost £7.99, which most of the time there's always 3 for 2 offers. This does make my makeup last a very long time, and my foundation doesn't budge. I can't compare it to the Benefit Porefessional primer as I haven't tried that, but i would say this is a great product for a great affordable price, so I would recommend you to try it as I do really like it. It does what it's supposed to.
Would I replace my Rimmel primer with this? The answer is no, while I really like this primer I prefer to only use this on my t-zone and where my pores are, I like using the Rimmel primer every where else on my face. But I will definitely be using this everyday alongside my Rimmel!
Remember what works for me might not work for you as everyone has different skin, but it's worth buying it and checking it out as its quite inexpensive! I brought this from Boots in the UK and i'm sure wherever there's a Maybelline stand they will sell this...


Comment below and follow 

Love You All
Lipsiie
 
 ♥
 

4 comments :

  1. I have been thinking about trying this for a while, you've persuaded me to give it a go finally! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of help Sophie, hopefully you like it :) let me know how you get on with it

      Thank you for commenting
      Lipsiie xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and leaving a comment beautiful. Love reading them!
Have a lovely day! Yasmin xx