Beauty blender Vs Real Techniques complexion sponge

18 February 2014

So we have seen many dupes for this little pink sponge, but none have met it's match let alone beat it!
This little glorious pink sponge is not just pretty in colour, it makes your foundation blend so nicely and your face flawless, some swear by this product as their holy grail. But is it worth it's expensive price tag or can we find something as good but for much cheaper? I get questions on the comparison so here's review on each P.s this retails for about 16 to 20 pounds on it's own.


 
After buying the beauty blender and already owning the Real tecniques complexion sponge, I asked some of you's on Instagram whether or not you wanted to see a review?
 so here is my say on it..

I'm sure you've all heard of Samantha Chapman, one of youtube's make up Guru's, who has also released her own brushes, which are awesome! I own a lot of her brushes and they are my most used and favourite. One brush that I use for foundation is  the face expert brush, one of my favourites actually. So I was so excited when she released a sponge I was practically over the moon. At that point in time I didn't own a beauty blender myself so I couldn't compare the two to each other.

 
I didn't find myself reaching out for the sponge except if I done some OTT contour and highlight, otherwise it was just on my makeup display as I was in love with the real techniques expert face brush which gave me flawless foundation. 

So some of you's may ask why I brought the beauty blender if I didn't even use this sponge, well bieng as a shopaholic and makeup addict is my simple straight answer and my in depth would be I hear so many raves on youtube and blogger, some say the complexion sponge is as good whereas others say just save up for the real deal as nothing beats the beauty blender, so I wanted to try it myself as maybe I would be one of those people who would latch on and swear by this product..

So I tried on my foundation this morning with both the sponges, one on each side. So how did I get on with them?

Before all that I must say the beauty blender is way softer then the complexion sponge in feel, as in, if you squeeze them both the beauty blender bounces and easier to squeeze, the beauty blender feels like a sponge and the RT a foam but that doesn't mean it can't be as good, 

Firstly I soaked both of them in water and squeezed the water out, I noticed that the beauty blender was much easier to squeeze all the water out and the RT sponge took way longer meaning it took in more water. 

 
 

After dampened both products feel the same softness
Now on to application, I put dots of foundation all around my face and used the beauty blender one one side and the Real Techniques sponge on the other side, I noticed I needed half a pump more of product with the beauty blender then I do with a brush and extra 1 pump with the Real Techniques sponge. I used a bouncing technique of the rounded side of the beauty blender, and with the RT more of a patting motion.
 
 
The RT sponge needs more product then the beauty blender, the RT is much cheaper and I think the end result is the same as both give a flawless complexion..

The RT sponge with it's shape can fit into the face much nicer.

I brought my RT sponge for £5.99 from boots, I brought the beauty blender from Beauty Flash online for £20.40 for 2 beauty blenders making one at £10.20 each with free delivery, if there are offers on, I definitely choose the beauty blender over the RT sponge as it works out only a couple of pounds more and it's a little easier to work with. One thing I do wish is the beauty blender had the RT shape as this is perfect shape to fit all around your face. But that's too much wishing haha! But overall both products give the same end result. 



 

The beauty blender is much easier to clean and uses slightly less product on the face, and if you are that kind of person I would definitely say go for the beauty blender however if you want to save a couple of pounds and you don't mind the extra hassle then the Real techniques complexion sponge is for you :)

And I would like to add I much prefer using a brush as sponges take way too much time in my life lol, with cleaning before and after application, I just rely on my trusty real techniques face expert brush which to me gives a very nice look.

hope my review helps you in anyway as I tried my best to write all the information down so you are able to understand.

Love you all
Lipsiie





5 comments :

  1. Thank you for this post! It was interesting to see a comparison btw the beauty blender and the RT sponge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome chloe! Hope it was helpful

    Thanks for commenting- Lipsiie
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really helpful comparison, I've been wondering how the Real Techniques sponge would compare the the beauty blender!

    Becky xx
    http://beckyisobel.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becky, hope it helped, ive always had people asking me so I thought I would do a post on it :) and these are two really popular sponges!

      Yasmin xx

      Delete
  4. This post has been really useful, I was wondering whether to get the real techniques sponge but I don't think I will now as it is a lot of hassle and most of the time when I put my makeup on I want to be quick
    http://emhasrednails.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and leaving a comment beautiful. Love reading them!
Have a lovely day! Yasmin xx