Smashbox Full exposure palette

26 February 2014

 
I fell in love with this palette as soon as I set my eyes on it on the shelf in Boots. All the matte and shimmery neutral colours were just calling to me, and I could not leave it without taking it home with me. Obviously. It cost me £36 which is an average for a high-end palette (or even on cheaper side of the spectrum if truth be told). I swatched a little at the store and when I felt the brush I new immediately this was a winner.
The palette comes with 14 shades, cool and warm tones, 7 shimmers and 7 mattes and one brush (well techniqually 3 brushes). the packaging is really nice, matte black with the name printed on it. there's a big mirror on it as well.
 
 
What you are looking at is actually one individual item, its a dual ended brush specially designed which includes a shading and blending brush. the shading brush has two different sides. One is perfect for applying shimmer to the lid and the other for mattes shades, this feels exactly like my mac shading brush. I mean how cool is the brush?
amazing right?!


 And the other end of the brush is of course a blending brush I would say this brush is better then my mac 216 blending brush, it was way more softer, this brush alone made it a winner as my mac one cost a lot of money.
 
Also the palette came with a mini Smashbox full exposure mascara which I thought was really nice. the brush is really big so gives lots of volume. yay who doesn't love abit of a freebie and especially when it's a miniature of a highend product!

Next on to the palette itself: I would just like to add the shinmery glittery colours are not highly pigmented. I'm going to do the swatches in chronological order of the palette from the warm tones to the cool tones. Some of the shades may not appear pigmented on the swatches but this only due to my skin colour as some of them blends in which makes them nice transition colours for me!
 
 
 
 
 
The first matte shade in the palette is very pigmented, its a nice colour to use when darkening the eye shadow, in the crease etc, the first shimmery colour is like a brown with taupe mixed into it, you have to pack this colour on, and swatch it more then once to really see the colour. The next shimmery colour has an undertone of gold, it is quite pigmented, but not as much the matte shade underneath. Depends on your skin shade this would be a nice transition colour, crease colour, or even on the lid.
 
 
 
Still on the warmth side the third section, peach undertones of browns, the matte colour is very pigmented and so is the shimmery colour. Again can be used as a lid colour transition colour etc, and the shimmery shade can be added on the lid.
The forth colours along are the two lightest shades in the palette, they are both highly pigmented, the matte is nice if you need a nice soft colour, the shimmery shade does not have glitters so a really pretty colour.
 
 
 
Next on to the cooler side of the palette, the 5th matte shade is nicely pigmented makes a nice transition colour or making the crease slightly darker, the shimmer on top looks like its has olive undertones, the shade has to be by far the worst one in the palette, very little pigmentation, you have to really work with it to bring it out. And just comes out all shimmery and can't tell the colour.
The 6th matte colour is by far the most pigmented and a really nice cool toned brown for the crease, can even use on brows, it reminds me of my mac Expresso eye shadow. The shimmery shade on top is a nice light silver shade, nice pigmentation.
 
 
 
The last column, and the last matte shadow is by far the most darkest shade, it is a black shadow and is a nice colour for the outer corners. I have seen better black eye shadows though I must say. The shadow on top is a shimmery dark grey colour, very pigmented.
 

 

 
 
Hope you liked my swatches and my review on this palette. I think it's fabulous as you get matte and shimmery shades of cool and warm tones all neutral, with a very nice mascara for £36.
 
Love You All
 
Lipsiie
 

2 comments :

  1. Very pretty shades!
    xx beautyybychloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) i'm such a neutrals girl :)

      Lipsiie xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and leaving a comment beautiful. Love reading them!
Have a lovely day! Yasmin xx