Dupes for highend makeup

19 June 2014

Hello my lovely beauties, I know by my blog title you all are excited (hope you are anyways) I love makeup but most of all I love saving money on good deals! Especially when it comes to high end makeup, so I have for you today dupes that I have found around my room. take a look at what I have come across!
 
Firstly from one of my recent haul, the naked 2 palette by Urban Decay. I found this palette from MUA which seem to have the exact shades. the naked palette's eye shadow are of course much more creamier but the MUA costing only £4 I think deserves some applause. And I don't know if they purposely chose the exact same shades or just a coincidence (I doubt it!) there's even a MUA palette for the naked 1 palette too, so I'm sure maybe they'll get one out for the naked 3 palette to haha!
My review on the naked1  palette here.
 
Another brilliant dupe I found, cant believe I have both these products, the face illuminator, strobe cream by mac and lumi magique by L'oreal. They both do exactly the same thing but one of them is fraction of the cost! You can apply this on top of your moisturiser or under your foundation and it gives that dewy glowy skin.
 
So far the elf eye primer is the only good drugstore eye primer that comes a little close to my favourite ever urban decay eye primer potion! it applies in a similar manner I would say. I obviously keep the UD one for special occasions!
 
Moving on to lipsticks now :) Mac lipsticks to be precise...
A recent splurge made by meh, but has quickly become my favourite, Mac all fired up (that's what it's called) and I couldn't believe when I found a dupe. this is mac all fired up lipstick and Borjois new rouge edition velvet lip gloss in the shade 02 Frambourjoise.... they both have  matte finish and the shades are practically the same! to add these Bourjois velvet lip glosses are by far my favourite when it comes to matte lip glosses!
  
 
Mac velvet teddy (my favourite peach tone nude) and Revlon mauve it over. I would say velvet teddy is just a bit more orange (you know that beautiful peach tone I mean), well anyways I love both the shades equally, and Revlon mauve it over is by far my favourite drugstore nude as it's matte as well.
 
Mac Russian Red and Avon eternal flame, matte shades and I love the colour, my favourite shade of red :) Goes well with my skin tone. 

Mac spirit and Topshop mink, didn't realise they were dupes until I was swatching lipsticks on my hand and realised I have the exact same colour haha I don't really use spirit because it's a little dark for nude for me.
Although in the image you cannot see properly, I apologise but in real life they are more or less the same.

 Sorry for the sponge being dirty, only realised after taking the picture, as  I have used it.
I have actually already done a post on these two the beauty blender (pink) and the real techniques complexion sponge. I know this is cheating as it's not a dupe however I think it's the closest best thing to the beauty blender. Read my review here.
 
I was dying, literally for this Mac brush. I just loved the size and what it's like, and for me its like the ideal brush to blend out concealer under the eye. After I made the splurge, I ordered some elf brushes as I wanted the powder brush and cam across this elf small stippling brush and thought its cheap might as well buy it. Its practically the same thing! so I decided I will use this brush for now and pack away my mac brush!
 
I'm sure you have all heard sigma brushes are like dupes for mac brushes. you didn't hear wrong. Sigma even had the same numbering code e.g. Mac 217 sigma 217, but now they've changed it to F and a number for face brushes, E and number for eye brushes, P and number for precision brushes and I think L and number for lip brushes. damn copyright sigma! I know mac 217 is known as the best blending brush and I guarantee every makeup artist has one or more then one, so if you think it's too pricey, this sigma e25 blending brush is exactly, and I mean exactly the same (maybe even better =D) and cheaper.
 
This can be as a question mark? and I'll tell you why. the kick ass concealer only comes in 2 shades, light and medium. but if the shade suits you then, yes its a dupe for half the price.
 
The S&G has a corrector, concealer and powder in one. the corrector, if it's the right shade for you, is the exact same as the Bobbi Brown corrector. :) some days I can wear the soap and glory but the shade range sucks so ill stick to my Bobbi brown, which I Love, have a mini rant about this here. LOL
 
One of my favourite mac blushers, Mac pinch o peach. totally brightens and gives me that healthy look. This is the same as the Nyx blusher (which may I have a mini rave about, I LOVE NYX BLUSHERS!!!! rave over now..)  Nyx bourgeois pig.
 
Can you tell the difference, on the cheeks it is the exact same colour. Left Mac pinch o peach, right Nyx bourgious pig.

I think that's enough dupes for one day, If you did want any of the above products you have just found a way to save yourself some moneeey! P.s Sorry about any of the pictures, I took majority of them in the night, but too tired to write and upload it last night.

Comment below a dupe of a highend makeup :)

Thanks for reading dolls,
 
Yasmin

 
 

Don't forget to follow and subscribe!

6 comments :

  1. Amazing blog post! I have this pallete too!
    www.lemondropsandcandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alima so much! the palette is great, love urban decay eyeshadaows :)
      Yasmin xx

      Delete
  2. Great post! I love finding out about dupes, these look amazing :)
    Also, I've tagged you for The Secrets of Blogging Tag :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Sophie dupes help save you some money haha, and thank you...
      I will check it out
      Yasmin xx

      Delete
  3. The Lumi Magique primer is such a great product! It's also good as a highlighter :)

    Abbie
    xo

    http://bonjourabs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yh agree with you Abbie, I like it to give the glow under foundation, especially in the summer :)
      Yasmin xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and leaving a comment beautiful. Love reading them!
Have a lovely day! Yasmin xx