Spring 2014 look book :)

05 March 2014


As winter disappears and the sun starts shining again, we look all around and we see signs of spring. Yayy! (poetic start I know, just getting in the mood)  Spring is here, that can only mean one thing, Shopping for new clothes yay! no this isn't a shopping haul as you see every so often on my blog, (what can I say just addicted to shopping!) This is my own look book which I was meaning to do for ages, since winter  (but let's not think about that hah!) as finally I have made one... (finally with emphasis!)

These are hijab and burka friendly fashion looks as I wear a hijab myself and do not see a lot of these out and around, (a hijab is a head covering) I thought it would be different to the usual, and to add anyone can wear these outfits or items whether or not you wear a hijab or not!




I wanted to incorporate different elements of spring into my outfits (big words), starting with the first one, while the sun is shining, it often tricks as us into assuming the weather is hot where as in reality the rain and wind hasn't quite yet disappeared something we face quite so often here in the UK!
 
 So for my first outfit I've included a blue denim jacket, this one is from Lipsy London, I brought this in the sale haul here. Price cut from 40 pound to 20, its stylish and will keep us a little warm. You can of course wear any denim jacket. I love this bright blue top (miss Selfridge, H&M, Primark, Newlook) which is baggy and have tucked it into my maxi dusky pink skirt (Newlook). My Longchamp bag (Choice, Selfridges) cost I think 52 or 54 pounds, looks perfect with this outfit.
 

My second outfit is a changeable one into hot or cold depending on the mixture of weather we suffer here in the UK (mostly cold) 
I love this black daisy maxi skirt from forever 21, the print really reminds me of the flowers of spring. I pair this with bright colours such as pinks, yellows or turquoise. This look is simple as the top itself is very vibrant therefore the hijab (headscarf) is very plain. The top is from Miss Selfridges.

As this is my changeable outfit, I have changed the top for this light pink jumper which was brought from NewLook. The big plain white heart on the top distracts as from the printed skirt, and I think it really works well together :)
 
 
I love peachy colours for spring, whether it's blush, lipstick, handbag, sandals or even clothing items, although this outfit is very simple- black and white everyday, the peach scarf brings it alive, the tan DKNY bag looks nice along with a tan belt. I brought the fitted black skirt from Time and the cardigan from Select.
 



My last look, which is a more of a sunny hot spring day. My sandals are from Primark along with the bag, the sandals really pair my bag and my skirt together. The skirt is a lovely teal colour from new look. My top is also from Primark and its thin and sheer and feels nice during a hot day. My scarf is from Whitechapel market :) in London, and is of a lovely teal floraly print. I have decided gold and tan looks really nice with this outfit so out comes my loved Michael Kors watch along with this statement necklace from Miss Selfridges. I have a big bold ring :) from Primark!

I hope you like these vibrant bold colours I've put together with more neutral suttle colours to go along with spring and its weather changes, I know in UK is mostly cold during spring.
 

Love you all



 
 Lipsiie
 
 
 

2 comments :

  1. I love how you have out together your outfits, I am totally going to purchase the daisy print skirt. it's so in for this weather. keep up the work, and when I definitely get the time to make an account, I will be following you :D

    Tee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, makes my day to know I have inspired someone, who have happy readers :)

      <3 Lipsiie xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and leaving a comment beautiful. Love reading them!
Have a lovely day! Yasmin xx