summer glow?

20 March 2014

There are many high end highlights in the markets, I know. but I find it difficult to spot some good affordable ones that give that amazing glow! I have picked 3 powders and one creamy, which in my opinion gives a new sheen to the skin without the shimmer  which is something I like to avoid, not keen on the idea of looking like Edward Cullen :P

I love to contour and highlight and some days I like to highlight on top of my blusher to add a nice glow, as were leaving winter and hitting spring and summer I thought this would be a nice time to do this post. All the highlighters included in this post have a yellowey undertone to them, as pink undertones of highlight do not look all that good on my C/NC skin tone! if you are looking for a more warmer toned highlight I highly recommended the MUA undress highlighter I think it's called.
 
First and foremost my favourite one is the topshop creamy texture one on the top. It retails in topshop for £9.00, and comes in two shades a pinkier one called polish and yellow one called gleam, i've gone for the yellow toned obviously. I like dabbing the product with my finger on my face and blending it out with a fluffy brush. this blends in so nicely and looks really good on the skin. it remind me of sunbeam from benefit. Defo one to repurchase!
 
Next is the Gosh giant sun power powder highlighter which doesn't get that many reviews I say,  a little pricey but you get so much product for £13.99, can be purchased from superdrugs. I love that it gives a sheen and doesn't shimmer.. Nice pigmentation and colour pay off on the skin, overall really like it. one thing I can complain about is the size, it's brilliant but it's also very hard to store anywhere, definitely doesn't fit in my makeup bag!

I love my sleek highlighter if I cannot be bothered looking for the others this is normally lying around my makeup table, as it comes in a duo its very handy. Its a good product but not my fav retails in Superdrugs for £6.49 and comes in light medium dark and not sure if there's others. You can also buy the three in one which comes with contour, highlight and a blush! For i think a tenner the price speaks for itself. the contour in it has it's little rave, I would buy the contour if it was by itself as you don't really get many matte cool brown shades. but we shall save the contouring for another post..

Lastly the topshop powder highlighter which I couldn't find on the website for some reason but if you do want this double check or even try in the store.. Its a nice product for pigmentation and all that, however I don't find myself reaching for this due to how yellow it is if you can see.. Maybe on a very hot summers day but for now it will stay put in my storage!

What is your favourite highlighter from the drigstore/highstreet..
Comment below



Yasmin 
 ♥
 

2 comments :

  1. fabulous post! this has given me great ideas on what highlighter to buy without spending a lot!

    love your blog, and your posts lipsiie !

    Tee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment Tee, glad to be of help to you :)

    Lipsiie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and leaving a comment beautiful. Love reading them!
Have a lovely day! Yasmin xx