Spring and Summer Essentials

08 March 2014

 

All the way back in autumn I had done a autumn and winter essentials (you can view here) so I thought it was about time I did another one:) after all it has been half a year! I'll start my essential's list with Lippies. Remember brights is the key, or at least start of with brighter pinks if your not all that confortable. I decided to go a bit brave this year and buy an orangey toned lipsticks (yes I dared!) I think they will look super nice on a nice day.




L to R: Revlon just kitten balm honey// Bourjois peach on the beach// Revlon lip butter tutti fruity// Maybelline pink Punch// Rimmel kate moss 20// Rimmel kate moss 110// Revlon super lustrous 415 pink in the afternoon// Mac Pink Plaid// Mac Mehr// Rimmel 250 birthday suit
 
 
When I think of spring I instantly think of gorgeous eyeliners that come in bright colours, blues, greens etc.. I need to buy some more colours like purple, which look really flattering. these will make your eyes pop, as I like to stick to less makeup on my face during the hot days. also this is a great idea for those who don't like eye shadow and eyeliner.
 
 
 

I stick to light coverage foundation or cc and bb creams. There are some fantastic ones in the drugstore/ highstreet. Even Mac's face and body is nice. I love Bourjois who do some excellent foundations especially for the more hotter times. this CC cream by them is so nice, this was my first trying and testing CC creams, and for once I've picked the right one! wow. if your looking for a more lighter coverage then that, like say tinted moisturiser I would say BB creams, I like the Body shop all in one bb cream which adapts to the colour of your skin. isn't that cool?
 
Colourful is definitely a category I use in this time of year as you can tell from this post, from pretty bright pinks corals and oranges, sleek do these gorgeous trio's for about £10. I especially love cream blushers in the summer. I will be doing a post on all my cream blushers if your interested :) There's some Topshop cream blushers in there, Revlon, Nyx do some nice blushers and of course Mac. oooh and there's a body shop one there too. sound really excited don't I haha!
 
 
 
I certainly have not been more attracted to lip glosses than now. I used to hate the sticky stuff, which I thought were the case with all lip gloss, but I have been proven wrong, glad I have been, this peachy shade by Maybelline (coral blush) is a gorgeous colour with gold undertone to it, not sticky and not glittery. Next are Rimmel's gloss, first the Vinyl gloss, which I cant see a shade on it, except some printed number 0151? it's this really pretty pink colour that can be worn everyday. this is a really glossy but not sticky! last but not least one of my raved about products actually, the Apocaolips by Rimmel, oh my! that's all I can say haha. Apocaliptic 303, is such and I mean such a beautiful hot pink colour, these are sooo pigmented!
 
I have placed powder, bronzer and highlight together, its important to set the makeup with powder as you will often be sweating, and the other two I do not need to explain!
 
Where will you be without the summer glow? These two products (dupes for each other that I have discovered) can be worn under the foundation for that extra sheen to the face. And next to them is a toner from lush, which is hydrating and can also be used as a spray through out the day.



 
Of course you need glowy skin, so what better than Origins GinZing moisturiser and eye cream to awaken your complexion, and of course add some SPF so you don't get sunburnt.
 
we often forget to moisturise our body in the summer because it's too hot, so I thought I'd include this Vaseline spray and go which is really quick and exactly that 'spray and go!'
 
I'm crazy with colours na? well lets end this looonngggg post with some pretty nails. these were just a few I found lying around.
 
 
 
Hope you really liked reading my post, what are your essentials for Spring and Summer? I didn't add no clothes in as I've done a spring look book, and should be doing a summer one, look at my previous post. and I wanted to do a separate post on all my sandles and heels, if I get time round to doing it!
 

4 comments :

  1. I love love love bright colored lipsticks - especially corals and oranges!! I think that they give that something to the complete look.
    On summer/spring days I really go light on my make up - bb cream (if I feel like it), loads of mascara and bright lip color! I think that it will look very nice!

    Great post - I loved reading it.

    Stay Beautiful,
    Belle xxx
    beautyisart27.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun, totally agree with you, minimal makeup with loads of mascara and bright lips!

      Lipsiie xx

      Delete
  2. I love and am jealous of your make up collection and I have just started reading your blog!! Nice buys sweety!! Your taste is amazing! I would love to see your whole make up collection (masohist much? :P) I believe it would be a great post!
    Maria xox
    http://aresmar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day i will hopefully do my makeup collection, glad you enjoy them, as long as i have wonderful readers like you who enjoy reading posts i enjoy writing them!
    Although dont know how i would fit everything in as i am a makeup freak, believe i dont need everything i own :p

    Thank you beautiful for commenting

    X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and leaving a comment beautiful. Love reading them!
Have a lovely day! Yasmin xx