Foundations: favourite four

14 December 2013

As promised my favourite foundations.. I thought id do my two favourite of each - high end and budget.

I have chosen different brands of very different foundations each however all my chosen foundation have a very natural dewy finish with light to medium coverage as I hate thick foundations! These are suited for my dry skin..









First ill do the high end..
As you can see I have chosen one from mac.. I'm an NC 40 in mac foundations, as I have cool undertone (yellow) most of mac's foundation are designed for more oily skin. The only ones that are suited to dry skin would probably be the mac studio sculpt which is a gel based, for combination skin with medium to thick coverage and the one I have mac mineralise foundation. I love the way it looks on my skin and feels lasts all day, however a bad thing which is personal is I cannot wear mac foundations, as much as I love them there is something present in the ingredients that breaks me out!! I can use everything else though blushers concealers etc.. But I thought id still include this in because I do love it :(

My other top high end foundation that I would thumbs up is my make up forever HD foundation in the shade 128, this has a beige undertone so I need to get one in the exact same shade but yellow or olive undertone probably 123. They're shade numbers are bit tricky to understand at first.. I just read loads of blogs and swatches before ordering mine! You can order from PAM, makeup emporium website, cost around 30pounds, this is practical particularly feels so light and is HD so good for pictures and wedding say :)

Moving on to my drugstore/budget foundations :
Lets start with no7 from boots, I got colour matched with their new cool devices that tells you what colour you are, just pop into boots and ask.. For my dry skin I was suggested the stay perfect range, as the are many many different types. Cost around 15pounds I think which I got discount on top of that as well!
My shade is warm sand. This does last a very long time..

Lastly my rimmel match perfection in shade 303 true nude. I have been wearing the rimmel nearly every time I wear makeup, as it feels so nice on, its hydrating as i have said many times. So for the winter its perfect. Cost around 7pounds I think.





I apply with real techniques expert face brush the most:


Summary:
- Out of all of them the mufe hd foundation is the lightest in weight givea nice coverage, very camra friendly, loads of shades and undertones to choose from but the most pricey and only online..
 
- mac mineralised is a cream based gives more thicker coverage then all the others but still very natural, cost around 25, loads of shades and stores and online, gives me spots :(
 
- no7 last such a long time and feels like a more expensive foundation, medium coverage a semi matte finish, price is reasonable, lots of shades, only boots
 
- rimmel is the most dewiest, has good lasting power, would recommend powder after, the cheapest at only 7pound and can be found on 3for2 offers, sold anywhere, hydrating, little range of shades to choose from

 
 
Thanks for reading dolls, 
Yasmin

 
 

Don't forget to follow and subscribe!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and leaving a comment beautiful. Love reading them!
Have a lovely day! Yasmin xx