My Foundation collection

13 August 2014





 
Yes, no sane person has this many foundations! I have a range of drugstore and high end foundations, some of which I use more than others, and also like better at different times of the year for example in the summer I love matte finishes, and winter time I prefer my dewy foundations. I don't think you need glowy foundations in the summer, naturally we sweat and all that!
 
For reference I am a Mac C4/ NC40.
I have yellow golden undertones and a medium skin shade.
I have dry skin, often very dry in the winter.
I use to think I like light coverage foundations but really I like medium to thick coverage but light inconsistency nothing cakey please!
 


My favourite foundation out of the whole collection (I have two one drugstore and one high end) I can't believe it's taken me this long to try this foundation by L'oreal, it is the best ever, like seriously I would say it's the best out of even high end, and that's saying something!


L'oreal true match foundation
Shade: w4 golden natural
Medium to thick coverage
Long lasting
Semi matte finish
Drugstore £10
easily blendable
Very nice shade range
Can seem to stick to flakes but only noticeable by one self
definitely a highend foundation but drugstore price
Would recommend using with Zoeva silk finish brush or beauty blender
Purchase: Boots, Superdrugs, Loreal online

Bobbi brown stick foundation
Shade: Warm Natural 4.5
Full coverage
Very blendable
Little goes a long way
Suitable for dry skin not oily skin
Gives natural FLAWLESS finish
Highend £29
Easy for travel, love the packaging!
Recommend using with Bobbi brown full coverage foundation brush or urban decay karma brush
Purchase: Selfridges, Bobbi Brown, Debenhams, John Lewis, House Of Frazer
 
These are my next foundations that I mainly use or love after my favourite two:
 
Nars sheer glow foundation
Shade: Barcelona Medium 4
Full coverage foundation
Semi matte finish
Not sheer or glowy
End of day face gets little greasy
Some shades always out of stock, silly Nars
Doesn't come with a pump! annoying, and when you buy the pump, the lid doesn't fit on top!
Highend £31
Recommend using Zoeva silk finish brush
Purchase: Selfridges, SpaceNK, Nars Online, House Of Frazer, ASOS

Bourjois happy light foundation
Shade: 53 Golden beige
Light to medium coverage more on light
Natural luminous finish
Cheep and cheerful
Spring and summer foundation
Drugstore £11.99
Recommend using Real Techniques face expert brush
Purchase: Boots, Superdrugs, Bourjois online, ASOS

Make Up Forever HD foundation
Shade: 128 Almond
Very good for photography and video
Natural flawless finish
Medium coverage
very light weight consistency
Nice shade range with wide range of undertones
Hard to get hold of in UK order online
hard to shade match
probably get 123 next time
Long lasting foundation
Highend £30.95
Recommend using buffing brush or beauty blender
Purchase: Guru makeup emporium, precious about makeup online

No7 Stay Perfect Foundation
Shade Warm Sand
Medium coverage
semi matte to Natural finish
Suitable for dry skin
long lasting
feels like highend foundation
Can get shade matched, lots of shades!
drugstore: £14.50
Recommend using RT face expert brush
Purchase: Boots

And all the other foundations I use here and there:
 
Mac face and body foundation
shade: C4
Light buildable coverage
Prefer instead of bb cream
Is like skin!
can use on body
Wide range of shade range
Hate the texture it makes my brushes when I use it
Lot of product for price
Cheap for high end £28.50
Recommend using use of flat foundation brush
Purchase: MAC, Selfridges, Debenhams, House of Frazer

Ester lauder double wear foundation
Shade Tawny 3W1
Very thick coverage
Long lasting
Sets quickly so need to blend quickly
Matte finish
Spf10
If not careful can look cakey
I have to mix this with a little bit of darker shade as sometimes looks too light
Highend £29.50
Recommend using RT expert face brush
Purchase: Ester Lauder,  Boots, Debenhams, Selfridges, John Lewis, House Of Frazer
 
Rimmel match perfection foundation
Shade 303 true nude
Medium coverage
Dewy finish
Winter foundation
Hydrating
good lasting power
wish it had more yellow
Not a lot of shade range compared to highend but good for drugstore
drugstore £4.99
Recommend using RT expert face brush
Purchase: Boots, Superdrugs, Wilkinson, Savers, Supermarkets
 
Maybelline fit me
Shade 220
Very dewy, set with translucent powder
Medium coverage
prefer to wear in the winter
not a lot of shade range compared to highend
Recommend using RT expert face brush
Purchase: Boots, Superdugs, Wilkinson, Savers, supermarkets
 
Bodyshop extra virgin foundation
Shade 208 Golden vanilla
Light to medium
Dewy finish
Contains virgin oil 
After taking of foundation skin feels healthier
moisturising foundation not suitable for oily skin
set with powder
Limited shade range
Doesn't smell too nice
high street £14.00
Recommend using RT expert face brush
Purchase: Body Shop


 
 
Thanks for reading dolls, 

Yasmin 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and leaving a comment beautiful. Love reading them!
Have a lovely day! Yasmin xx