My drugstore SPF?

05 August 2014

As we are in the middle of the summer, I tend to forget the most basic and important step in my day to day routine, of course SPF! and I mean a high SPF like say 50+ It's very important to protect your skin against the weather including sun protection humidity etc. I think I have found my drugstore dupe for the Kiehls.. Yay me!!

KIEL'S Ultra Light Daily UV Defence
I haven't heard a lot of good drugstore SPF's and I know most high-end ones are very good but they do come along with an expensive price tag. For example the Kiehl's Ultra light daily UV defence, which is one that I have been long thinking about purchasing as it is one of the most raved about on Youtube and the blog world but the price tag of £31 always put me off. I was just about to buy it as  gave up on finding something as good but cheaper but than once again thought and decided to take home a sample instead.

I did really like it as it's like a moisturiser and primer in one however before I go back to Kiehl's I decided doing further research in case I do come across a cheaper alternative! Proud to say I have!!


 
SOAP & GLORY Make Yourself Youthful Sunshield SuperFluid
None other than soap and glory, which is one of my favourite brands of the high street. Soap and glory sun shield contains the same SPF 50+ as the Kiehl's and also protection against UVA rays and UVB rays. Already liking this product. S&G has Vitamin C and E which is really good for the skin as we all know and also Liposhield HEV melanin which protects against aging skin and pigmentation- all good stuff.

The Difference-
Its a thin liquid that quickly melts into your skin, which I will say is a tad more lighter in consistency than the Kiehls. Kiehls I will say is fragrance free but this does have a hint of gentle fragrance which isn't too noticeable but I guess soap and glory isn't soap and glory without their signature smells! haha! This product also combats oily skin as it's slightly matte-fying which is all good for the summer whether because although I have dry skin, a day out in London in this weather does tend to make my face a bit glowy- not in a good way!

Oh the last thing which I have to highlight, soap and glory's sun shield was a fraction of the price costing £15, that's an amazing deal of saving £16! but still having the benefits. and I haven't even included all the amazing 3 for 2 offers and promotion deals you can get on soap and glory in Boots :) And guys how cute it the packaging! It is so compact, like the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation bottle! Love it!


I usually apply my moisturiser, then apply a little of this on my face, al though it looks yellowish, I promise you it is clear on the face.. I then carry on with my makeup routine.

 
 
Is the any particular posts you beauties would like to read about, leave it in the comments..
 Love You X

Thanks for reading dolls, 
Yasmin 


 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and leaving a comment beautiful. Love reading them!
Have a lovely day! Yasmin xx