Merumaya Cleansing Balm Review

02 April 2014


I wanted to start this month on a positive note. As promised I am doing a review on the Merumaya cleansing balm! never heard of it? or heard the hype but not sure what to think then ready my views on it! Btw  I find it funny how the logo reminds me of McDonalds :) 

 


You all know Caroline Hirrons, (I'm sure you do), as soon as she gives her thumbs up about a product that certain product disappears in the whole country! Good reason why she really knows her stuff! I really wanted an oil cleanser but not spend a ridiculous amount on it.



I was on the hunt for Clinique take the face off which was nowhere in any UK stores or online, (one of Caroline Hirrons recommendation) such a bummer, I've seen Tanya Burr talk about it as well, and it was the cheapest (best) option I've heard about from all the hypes. 

I actually first discovered Merumaya cleanser from You tuber Essie Button, gawd she's funny! Anyway she was talking about this I think in her skincare video, and saying how good it is and the price (that was the first time I heard a brand called Merumaya existed!) so I went looking for it, but what do you know OUT of stock!! *annoyed again* so anyway a few days later I was on carolins blog and what do you know she gave a review on this and her thumbs up, no wonder it was out of stock, but luckily one of the days I found it in John Lewis and didn't give it a second's thought and purchased it!
 

I started using it every night (wouldn't use it in the morning as I'd rather use a cream cleanser to just gently cleanse) first to take my makeup off then as a second cleanse to properly clean my face and massage it.

This is a cleansing balm with a difference! It comes out of the tube as a cream then emulsifies into an oily texture, I would slowly add water until it becomes a milky texture then finally take it off with a muslin cloth before rinsing my face with warm water. I would then hop in to the shower and follow with my cleansing routine you know toner serum e.t.c
 
This isn't no runny oil on the face, and isn't greasy either, I've been using this for more than a month, and I can safely say this will stay as my cleanser. I feel my face is properly clean with no trace of makeup or dirt! It has also helped with clearing my face obviously alongside other products.

The only downside is the smell, its not really strong but I didn't mind  it like I wasn't dying but some of you's may like or dislike it. And the best thing its a super good oil cleanser for  only  14.99! And I'm only half way down the bottle
 
 
I also really like the packaging, which I've heard some oil cleanser tend to leak which I've had no problems with and also it comes in a tube! Thank you I hate the little pot things where you have put your hands in and scoop some out like unhygienic and not my style!

 I even prefer this over my Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser! (and that's very brave of me to say considering I love that cleanser)

Have you tried this, liked it disliked it or what is your favourite cleanser?
P.S I have not been sponsored or even given this product, this is my honest review like all my other reviews :)

Yasmin

  

4 comments :

  1. I've never heard of this brand, really like the packaging though it looks so clean, might give it a try! X

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really recommend this, i love it, and although it's an oul cleanser, it isn't runny or thick, it turns into a milky cleanser once you add water!

      Thank you for commenting Louise,

      Yasmin xx

      Delete
  2. Looks great! Might try it if I see it! I also nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger award! Check it out!

    http://lipstickdaisies.blogspot.sg/2014/04/very-inspiring-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup a very nice cleanser, and isn't that expensive!
      Thank you for the nomination Celine :) i have alredy done the post, i think 2 posts before :)

      Yaz xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and leaving a comment beautiful. Love reading them!
Have a lovely day! Yasmin xx