Disappointments #1

06 April 2014

I have never done a disappointments post simply because I tend to either throw the product away or give it to a family member or friend. Recently I have tried to put together products that I think I could have saved money on, (kind of regret post) if you, my lovelies, are interested please read on!
Hey dolls, 
I'm back with hopefully an inspirational post! I love reading disappointments (you know them products that you get excited for and the outcome isn't quite what you thought it would be) these kind of posts help me avoid rummaging through Boots and Superdrugs for products which I could save my money on and buy something else. but obviously this is my personal opinion on these products you may like them love them or even never tried them, here goes

Firstly soap and glory. You may be surprised as at reading that, because beauties if you read and follow my blog (I hope you do that's a hint btw) you will know I love their products, I rave on about some of them! However due to my high opinion about them I can say overall I am not a fan of their skincare range, and I have a tried a lot from them!! The milk cleanser, peaches and clean, which I finished one bottle of this when it was their old packaging the pink bottle if you remember? The smell of course you know soap and glory and their amazing smell! it did have many claims such as pore minimising and reh teh teh but i just used to it as a gentle cleanser in the morning, (many products claim a lot of things which half the tome isn't true just a part of marketing sadly !) i got on fine with it wouldn't say its a deep cleanse but it did keep me refreshed, however they decided to change the formula and the packaging like why soap and glory why!!?? The product (new) was awful. It made my face feel greasy and trust me I have dry skin full stop. Forget cleaning it left my face feeling weird, it did none of its many claims (false) and I think it left me with tiny spots! After a couple of uses I stopped using it, didn't give it to anyone either. Managed to find this lying in a bag full of other products, can't believe I still had the pink empty bottle though how weird of me!


Still on soap and glory, I had high hopes for the wipes. I love my simple wipes but you know wanted a little change. Don't get me wrong I only use wipes to get most of my makeup off and go through with a deep oil or cream cleanse. No telling me off! These firstly were not very good at wiping away all the makeup, they didn't feel as soft as my simple wipes and they just left a tingly feeling on my skin which is nice, but felt like these wipes weren't doing their job.

Bioderma. Cleansing water? Well of course they're a brilliant way of removing makeup, and a lot of brands came with their versions of this stuff. I brought Loreal miceller water a tad over excited i would say in trying it. Can I say as soon as I tipped it over on some cotton pad I was thinking "did I do this right?" Well of course I did, what happened was they didn't make the tip of the packaging correct so what happens is a lot more product spills then you need to. A big defo no no, Loreal went clueless with this one didn't they!? The water inside was ok, at removing makeup but I felt it left this drying effect afterwards, like I had to use water on top felt like there was still something on my face. Don't like that feeling at all.

MUA are a brand in superdrug who do amazing makeup for very cheap price. One product of theirs that i wasn't that fond to use was their pro base conplexion kit. Dont remember the price of this but it was like £2 or something super cheap like that. It comes with a foundation, yellow concealer and pink concealer for correcting. I know there lots of hype around this anyway me and my friend bright this, and I tried it, first think I noticed was the oiliness? Its very thin but that meant I needed loads on, the coverage wasn't great. Honestly its only £2 or whatever but id rather by one of their great eye shadows with that!

And lastly Mac. A Lipstick in particular, creme in your coffee. I love mac lipsticks I think they're a lot more affordable then most high end lipsticks, but this shade is awful, like its this taupy colour but I don't know, I just really dislike it. Its a lot darker then in the pictures.

If you like these kind of post comment below so I will do them, if you like or agree with me on any of these products or even have any products I have not mentioned don't forget to comment! And follow my blog if you enjoy reading because I enjoy writing them!

Yasmin


 

10 comments :

  1. I agree with you on the L'oreal water 100%! It leaves a strange sticky residue afterwards and I have used this product maybe 3 times and already its gone down half way because of the dispenser being so big! I can safely say I will not be repurchasing. kateward001.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes honestly Kate I was so excited when I brought this thinking yay Bioderma dupe, after a couple of uses I just left it, I'm using the Garnier one which I really like :) I think there was a big hype on the loreal one which led me to buy it in the first place!

      thanks for commenting beautiful
      Yasmin xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the great post, these sorts of posts are so useful when deciding what to buy. I was going to buy the L'Oreal cleansing water but it looks like you've saved me the money and disappointment :)

    xx Sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good thing I wrote this post in time then Sophie ;P
      i've been using the Garnier one instead and so far been liking it :) you might want to try that..

      Thanks for commenting beautiful- Yasmin xx

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh thank goodness I read your post because my local drugstore was having an offer where you buy any makeup product and get the L'Oreal water at a discount and I was soooo tempted! Great post! x

    http://lipstickdaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Celine, honestly you will regret getting the Loreal one, the packaging and product is a big no no :)

      happy to know my post helped as always :)
      Yasmin xx

      Delete
  4. Hi! Just found your great blog! I`m following you, please could you follow me back! :)<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just tried the cleansing waters and HATED them too! :( waaahhh. Following you on Bloglovin' and just become a member on your blog :-) would love it if you could do the same! :-) love your blog layout xxxxx

    www.beauticianviews.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using the Garnier one and I quite like it as a first cleanse to remove heavy makeup, I always do a proper cleanse with an oil or cream cleanser anyway!
      thank you for following me Jenna and ofcourse I will :)

      Yasmin xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and leaving a comment beautiful. Love reading them!
Have a lovely day! Yasmin xx